CharmDate is an established dating service designed to help members connect with Russian and Ukrainian singles. Many people are attracted to Baltic singles but have difficulty having meaningful conversations due to language and geographical barriers.
Our CharmDate review looks at whether this dating service fulfils its promise, how much it costs as well as how convenient the app and website are to use.
Table of Contents
CharmDate review: How it works
CharmDate provides a full set of features to help its members interact and communicate no matter where they live in the world. During our CharmDate review, we found that this dating service is actually not focused on local dating or meeting people in New Zealand.
This dating site is primarily aimed at heterosexual men interested in online and long-distance romance. Its chatting, messaging, voice and video call services enable members speaking different languages to communicate meaningfully across borders and time zones.
There is also a gift feature that lets you buy thoughtful presents, such as flowers and greeting cards, for your admirers on CharmDate. This dating service is ideal if you’re looking for online romance and flirtatious attention. If you don’t mind spending money on sending messages or gifts, you can have a unique romantic experience without leaving your house.
CharmDate review: Pros and cons
These are the pros and cons we found while trying out the site as part of our CharmDate review.
- You can chat with members even if you don’t speak their language.
- You can meet people from several Baltic countries, including Russia and Ukraine.
- You can try the messaging features for free at first before paying for further messages.
- Automated profile creation tools save you time.
- Thoughtful gift suggestions are conveniently integrated.
- Pay as you go pricing model means you only pay for what you use.
- CharmDate is not designed to meet people nearby.
- There are some fake or misleading profiles.
- Many recommended gifts are expensive.
- You cannot communicate with members outside of CharmDate because external contact information is automatically blocked in the chat for safety reasons.
CharmDate review: How much does it cost?
CharmDate does not have monthly memberships like other dating apps and sites. Members purchase credits in order to chat and interact online. During our CharmDate review, we looked at what the main features cost.
|CharmDate credits||Total cost||Cost per credit|
|2 credits (one-time offer)||NZ$5.87||NZ$2.93|
These prices were found in USD but we converted them to NZ$ for you. With that in mind, the actual prices you will see may be different due to exchange rates changing and potential seasonal promotions.
When you buy any of the above credit options, you also get a free premium service promotion. You can use this promotional bonus to send 5 additional first emails, chat for 20 minutes and unlock photos sent to you.
|CharmDate feature||Credits needed|
|EMF message||1 credit to read or send a message|
|Chat||0.5 credits per 5 minutes|
|CamShare||0.6 credits per minute|
|Call service||1 credit per minute|
Since members have to use credits for most interactions on the dating site, it’s worth seeing how much messaging, emailing, or video calls actually cost.
|CharmDate feature||Cost on 16 credit pack||Cost on 100 credit pack|
|5 EMF letters||NZ$35.31||NZ$23.47|
|Text Chat (30 mins)||NZ$8.82||NZ$5.87|
|CamShare (5 mins)||NZ$26.47||NZ$17.61|
|Phone call (5 mins)||NZ$44.13||NZ$20.52|
The costs outlined above for common interactions, such as sending letters or short video chats include the premium service promotion you get when purchasing credits.
It’s clear that CharmDate is more expensive than other dating services. The reason is that dating services aimed at people from New Zealand don’t have to provide 2-way translations to overcome language barriers and follow the strict member verification requirements for Russian and Ukrainian members (see the FAQ below for more details).
During our CharmDate review, we found that pricing reflects the complexity of providing a valuable dating experience despite the geographical and linguistic obstacles.
How can I get the most for my money?
To get the best value for money on this dating site, follow these CharmDate review tips:
- Follow all the profile creation and verification steps to get bonus points which can be used towards sending EMF messages.
- Go through the site tour to get complimentary tokens you can use to try out text and video chat features.
- Purchase the 2 credit one-time introductory offer because it gives you the cheapest credits when compared to other options.
- Purchase the 100 credit pack if you want to use the site for longer.
- Set a realistic budget for gifts and further credits. Make sure it’s an amount you don’t mind spending and don’t go over it.
CharmDate review: Free vs paid features
During our CharmDate review, we tried out free features and evaluated how paid features enhanced the online dating experience.
This is what you can do on this dating site for free.
- Register and verify your account
- Set up your profile and upload photos.
- Say you’re interested in a profile with the “Send a Hi” feature.
- Read text chats
- View photos on profiles
Here are the features you need to pay to use.
- EMF messages: EMF stands for E-mail Forwarding. It’s a rich messaging service where messages are translated in the respective member languages. You can use extra credits to view images attached to the messages.
- Chat: CharmDate translates chat messages in real time so both participants can understand each other.
- CamShare: This is an HD video chat service providing a more interactive and visually appealing way to experience your online romance.
- Call service: CharmDate facilitates this service to help members speak to each other in spite of linguistic differences.
- Gifts: You can buy suggested gifts to be sent directly to a member of your choice. There are seven gift categories: flowers, birthday, fragrance, food, beauty, study tools and greeting cards.
How to get started on CharmDate
Follow these steps to sign up:
- Enter your first and last name.
- Select your gender (male or female).
- Enter your birthday.
- Enter the email and password you want to use on the site.
- Click on “Find My Matches”.
At this point you’ll be able to see profiles. A message will appear asking questions about the following topics:
- Relationship goals
- Desired age range
- Desired height range
- Drinking and smoking habits
- Interests and hobbies
- Educational background
- English level
Once you have filled out the questions above and profile details, you can use the introductory vouchers to “say hi” to a member you are interested in or to send a chat message.
CharmDate review tip: By creating an account you also get access to two other dating sites: AsiaMe and LatamDate. You don’t even need to sign in and out, you can switch between dating services. Your profile and credits will carry over.
CharmDate review: Ease of Use
During our CharmDate review, we extensively tried out the dating site in order to evaluate how easy it was to use. The registration process is clear with numerous prompts that help you to complete all the steps.
Profile creation was a smooth process thanks to the automated personal description feature. Instead of having to think of something to say, you click on personality trait options and the dating platform creates a customised profile description.
CharmDate is also available on mobile through the QDating app. You can download it from the Apple App store or Google Play store. The app carries over all the key features from the site:
- Browse profiles
- Find your contacts
- Message your admirers
- View member photos and videos
The iOS version has a 3.3 out of 5 score with about 100 ratings while the Android version has a 3 out of 5 score with over 1000 ratings. Critical comments complain about the cost of the service and bugs. Positive comments highlight helpful customer service interactions and the convenience of the app.
CharmDate review: FAQs
Here are some answers to common questions we came across while reviewing this dating service.
What is Charmdate?
CharmDate is a dating site primarily for men interested in long-distance online dating with women from Russia and Ukraine who do not necessarily speak English. This dating service facilitates communication with a set of features designed to overcome language and geographical barriers.
Is CharmDate legit?
CharmDate is a legit site that uses SSL encryption to ensure personal information is secure. The site is also certified by McAfee Secure and GoDaddy – leading software security and web technology firms. Additionally, all purchases made on CharmDate are verified by VISA and Mastercard SecureCode.
Are Russian and Ukrainian members real?
All Russian and Ukrainian female members are required to sign up through a local dating agency. They need to provide a copy of their legal ID and application form confirming they are sharing their personal profile.
Who is CharmDate for?
CharmDate is for men who are looking to talk to Russian and Ukrainian women online. The site is most suited to those who are happy to spend money on credits and gifts for an exclusive romantic experience online.