- No messing about
- Settle in for a serious connection
- Explore all that life has to offer
- Enjoy someone else's enlightening company
- What have you got to lose?
- Looking for a good time, for a long time
- Embrace all that is new
- Stimulating conversations with strangers waiting to become friends
- Share your stories and your day-to-day struggles
- Lust, Love, Companionship
- Choice mix of amazing men and women
- Free personality test for you to check out
- Start with something fun, see if it gets more serious
- Anonymously line up interested parties
- Over 760K regular members
- Love could be just around the corner
- Life is fun, relationships can be serious
- Connect with someone kind and caring
- Open yourself up to enjoy more
- Risk-free flirting
- Reliable way for you to meet a fellow Kiwi
- It's never too late to settle down
- Fun chats with someone your own age
- Zero pressure human connection
- Breathe new love into your life
- Best for: Serious matchmaking and long lasting relationships
- Free membership: Free registration, limited
- Users: 10 million
- Best for: Flirting and casual dating
- Free membership: Free registration, limited
- Users: 36 Millions
- Get to know suitable partners by using the “Ask me” feature
- Conduct deep conversations
- Meet suitable partners and start your next relationship
- Simple searching for quick, easy matching
- Robust and active community of singles looking for committed relationships
- Reliable matching systems to help you find the perfect partner
- Protected by world's leading certificate authorities
- Where you could find love and romance without boundaries
- Our instant messaging service brings you closer together than ever before
- :One of the fastest growing dating services
- Enjoy an active and welcoming community
- Offers chatting, messaging, and advanced searching
Looking for different dating sites?
On mainstream online dating sites, there seem to be more people swiping for hookups than long-term relationships. Plus, popular apps and websites often don’t have a place outside of the bio to give more detail about your family situation. Dating a single parent with kids in tow isn’t right for everyone, which is why some of the best dating apps cater just for single parents.
Whether you’re recently single after the stress of a divorce or you’ve been single with kids for a long time, single parent dating apps are a great way to connect with like-minded people with the same interests and experiences as you.
Being a single dad or single mum can be challenging, and is a full-time job in itself. Juggling work, social life, and raising children that are happy and healthy isn’t always easy, especially without the daily support of a loving partner.
For many single parents, time limitations of a 24-hour day make getting back into dating difficult. With limited hours in the week for your own needs, dating can often fall to the bottom of the to-do list. There can be feelings of loneliness and a risk of a potential midlife crisis, which is why it’s good to meet single parents who are in a similar situation to you through single parent dating apps.
Dating other single parents mean you’ll both enter a relationship with the same set of circumstances and expectations, and will appreciate that kids come first. Single parent dating sites offer a safe and easy way for single parents to meet. Our reviews let you decide the best one for you, so you can find love and create your very own patchwork family.
Table of Contents
- What is the best dating app for single parents?
- The best dating site for you
- Simple sign up and easy-to-use features
- Connecting with other singles
- Challenges of dating another single parent?
- Spontaneity is a thing of the past
- Clash of parenting style
- Telling the kids
- Why is a single parent the best partner for you?
What is the best dating app for single parents?
There are lots of online dating sites and apps to join for those looking to meet single parents. If you’re just getting back into the dating game, how do you know where to start and what the best single parent dating site is for you?
The best dating site for you
You can register and search for other single parents on most dating sites for free. Many online free dating sites and apps also have a premium service, which offers additional benefits and features once you’ve subscribed. You’ll be able to get a feel for how the site works before you commit to a premium subscription.
There are different subscriptions you can choose from if you do decide to become a premium member, with many sites offering discounts on certain sign-up packages.
Finding a single parent dating site you can trust is important. Many sites are members of the Online Dating Association to ensure a safe and secure online dating experience, and will also take measure to safeguard you against scams, fake profiles, any unsolicited contact and will protect credit card information.
Simple sign up and easy-to-use features
Sign up is quick and easy, and creating your profile takes minutes on most single dating sites. There are plenty of innovative features that will help you navigate the single-parent dating scene.
Whether free messaging appeals to you most or having more tailored matches, you can choose what single parent dating apps to join based on what features are most important to you.
Connecting with other singles
Online dating sites have thousands of single parent members on their database that you can browse and connect with. Innovative algorithms help you connect with single parents based on personality, location and interests, so you can narrow down your search and find more in common than just having children.
You can download app versions of online dating sites too, so you can search and swipe for potential matches when you’re on the go. These apps are often free to download and will have many of the same smart features as the desktop site.
Challenges of dating another single parent?
Although dating sites and apps make finding a potential match easier, dating another single parent comes with its own challenges.
Spontaneity is a thing of the past
Dating can be complicated at the best of times. Adding kids into the mix can make it even more difficult. It doesn’t have to be impossible to juggle dates around children, but last-minute plans just aren’t possible. Although you might not get much spontaneity when it comes to dating a single mom or dad, you’ll certainly value the time you spend together more.
Clash of parenting style
We all have our own styles of parenting and can take criticism of our methods personally, so it’s worth remembering not to give your opinion about someone’s parenting unless it’s asked for. If your date has specific parenting methods you don’t agree with, and it’s a dating deal-breaker for you, then it’s best to make your exit. It’s important to be compatible in this department.
Telling the kids
Although it might be exciting to start a new relationship, you should be cautious in sharing information about new partners with your children. If for any reason your relationship doesn’t work out, it can be devastating to kids who may have already experienced the pain of their parent’s divorce. You could also find it difficult if you’ve got close to your partner’s children only for you both to go your separate ways.
Don’t include your children in the relationship until you are seriously considering a committed, long-term relationship.
Click here for more tips and guides on Single-Parent Dating
Why is a single parent the best partner for you?
Dating another single parent can help smooth the way at the beginning of a relationship, as you’re both coming from a similar situation. Meeting someone like-minded who understands your situation means you’ll be less likely to waste time dating someone who doesn’t recognise the challenges or struggles that come with having children.
Single parent dating sites are dedicated to helping single parents find a partner who has the same values and interests, and who understands what it is to have a family.